Saturday, September 26, 2015

Morning Juice Recipe #5


A puzzle: I am shooting a wedding tomorrow and seasonal allergies have been catching me off guard constantly. One wind gust kicks up pollens and dusts. The wedding is in a grassy field. Which will be lovely! Yet part of me is concerned that I will be sniffly and allergized. So I have an idea for a compact way to bring essential oil allergy defense with me. I will let you know how it works out :)

I am not a fan of traditional allergy medicine because I seem to have more side effects than actual allergy relief. One name brand makes me raging angry (no idea why but my friend shared the same effect on her moods). Like kick the walls, snarling-tiger angry. The allergies are easier to manage than the "relief". A natural solution sounds awesome.

in the diffuser: Lavender and Peppermint (instant allergy relief for me)

Anyway, time for juicing!


Morning Juice #5

I'm trying Kale. I've heard it can have a strong flavor so I'm going easy on it. But the rich nutrients are worth a little experimenting :). Articles like this and conversations with friends have convinced me...

Today's Recipe:

  • handful of raspberries
  • handful of strawberries
  • sprinkle of mint
  • two carrots
  • half a cucumber (saving slices for my cucumber/lemon water)
  • two carrots
  • apple
  • pear
  • Quite a few handfuls of Kale (about 2 cups?)
  • Handfuls of half/half spinach and salad greens
And it's actually pretty tasty! Not so sweet, and I taste the greens. But not in a bad way. I'll keep adding Kale to the mixes.

And now I'm super-curious about Kale chips. How are those made? hmmm....

For my water, I sliced lemon while I cut the fruit and veggies. I added lemon and cucumber with ice to my water glass for later. Healthy hydration, hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment